Wednesday Morning Sitting: OnLine
January 20 @ 9:00 am - October 6 @ 10:00 am America/Vancouver
WEDNESDAY MORNING SITTING
At Wednesday Morning Sitting, people will be given an opportunity to sit for 30 minutes followed by 30 minutes of open conversation (grab a coffee!)
8:45 – 9:00am Sign in
9:00 – 9:30am Sitting
9:30 – 10:00am Open conversation (with coffee)
Please help us hold a strong container by being mindful of the timing of your arrival as well as the decorum you bring to the online experience. Treat this virtual environment as sacred space.
Zoom meeting ID: 872-7430-2040 Password: mindful
Your computer, tablet, and/or phone will need a camera and built-in microphone to participate.
New to Zoom? For a quicker entry to the program, download the free software here. If you do not have the software you will be asked to download it when you click the link to join above. It’s best to download and test Zoom before the session. You do not need to download any software to dial in by phone. Feel free to join online at 6:15 to get a brief Zoom orientation. It’s okay to not know!
Technical Advice and Decorum Notes:
- In order to create smoother virtual arrivals, your camera and audio will be turned off when you enter Zoom. Once you are settled, you can turn your camera on. During the discussion, we ask that you stay muted until you’d like to speak.
- If possible, get and use a headset with headphones + microphone (this is helpful, but not required).
- If you are using your smartphone or similar device, use reliable wifi rather than your data plan (unless data is more reliable for you).
- Use video and plan to be seen by others (not just audio) – if possible. If you have weak wifi/data, turning video off will help.
- Put your screen/camera at eye level so you can sit up straight and not hunch over.
- Treat the call as you would the shrine room: for example, plan not to get up and get water during the instruction and practice.
- If you are able, sit in a room where you can close the door; if that’s not possible, please ask those in your home to give you space for the duration of the session.
- Be open to the possibility of intimacy and community at a distance!