- This event has passed.
Sunday Morning Meditation & Discussion [Online]
September 5 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm America/Vancouver
Join us for meditation and discussion in an online format. Open to everyone, and free meditation instruction is available! Just click on the link below to join the online meeting from your device.
9:45 – 10:00 Entering and Getting Seated (Basic Zoom instruction)
10:00 – 10:30 Meditation Instruction
10:30 – 10:45 Community Chat Time (Entering for those not receiving meditation instruction)
10:45 – 11:15 Opening Chants and Sitting Meditation
11:15 – 11:20 Transition Time
11:20 – 12:00 Facilitated Discussion
12:00 – 12:30 Conversation and Goodbyes
Please come for any or all segments and leave when you wish. Virtual offerings are bound to have technical hiccups, so bring your patience, willingness to learn, and sense of humor.
This offering is free of cost. Donations are appreciated and help us offer meditation and community support during this time.
Technical Notes: In order to create smoother virtual arrivals, your camera and audio will be turned off when you enter Zoom. Once you are settled, you can turn your camera on if you’d like during the meditation. During the discussion, we ask that you stay muted until you’d like to speak.
Seattle Shambhala takes your safety seriously and has implemented security protocols to help protect our community on Zoom calls.
Join here: https://zoom.us/j/756489800
You can also dial in by phone with the information below. Dial in participants will only receive audio and only be able to broadcast audio.
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,756489800# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,756489800# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 756 489 800
New to Zoom? For a quicker entry to the program, download the free software here. If you do not have the software you will be asked to download it when you click the link to join above. It’s best to download and test Zoom before the session. You do not need to download any software to dial in by phone. Feel free to join online at 6:15 to get a brief Zoom orientation. It’s okay to not know!
Technical Advice and Decorum Notes:
- In order to create smoother virtual arrivals, your camera and audio will be turned off when you enter Zoom. Once you are settled, you can turn your camera on. During the discussion, we ask that you stay muted until you’d like to speak.
- If possible, get and use a headset with headphones + microphone (this is helpful, but not required).
- If you are using your smartphone or similar device, use reliable wifi rather than your data plan (unless data is more reliable for you).
- Use video and plan to be seen by others (not just audio) – if possible. If you have weak wifi/data, turning video off will help.
- Put your screen/camera at eye level so you can sit up straight and not hunch over.
- Treat the call as you would the shrine room: for example, plan not to get up and get water during the instruction and practice.
- Sit in a room where you can close the door; if that’s not possible, please ask those in your home to give you space for the duration of the session.
- Be open to the possibility of intimacy and community at a distance!
Questions? Reach out to us at [email protected] for technical assistance or program questions.